Today I realized that despite my intentions at the beginning of the summer to keep writing (since I now have time), I haven't written anything since summer began! The last poem I wrote was in May, and my primary goal to continue writing the book I started for my graduation project, called Dreamwriter, has been forgotten about.
I started writing it after several scrapped attempts at other storylines sometime in October of last year. The idea is a combination of two pieces of inspiration, one from a couple years ago when running through potential story ideas in my head, and one while I was listening to the Air cd Talkie Walkie and let my imagination wander through a series of perfect images during the song "Universal Traveler." These images led to a quickly typed prologue which I decided I would build into my story. The only problem is that I wasn't really sure how to follow up the prologue, so I simply wrote nothing for quite a while. It wasn't until February that I actually began to write again. Sporadic bursts of writing culminated in a 25 page product to show to the judges of my project in early May. Still, just because I finished the project didn't mean I didn't want to finish the story. I will refrain from giving story details here because I'm still not sure if I like Part 1, which could change the outcome of the rest of the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment